We believe that we need to have a practical and consisent attitude towards school uniform. It is important for the children to have a sense of identity, community and pride in their appearance.
When attending Byley Primary School and Nursery, children must wear the following uniform:
- white or red polo shirt (with or without school logo)
- red sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan (with or without school logo)
- grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore (or red and white checked summer dress)
- plain grey, black or white socks
- plain black shoes or plain black trainers
We allow children to wear trainers with their uniform so that they could easily engage in outdoor activities. Children can wear either school shoes or trainers on a daily basis. However, these must be plain black and have Velcro fastenings where possible (unless your child is able to tie their own shoe laces). Footwear should be plain, waterproof and practical. No ankle or knee length boots please..
Children should come to school wearing PE kit on their class PE days (see class page on the school website for PE days).
- white t-shirt (with or without school logo)
- Plain black plain shorts/skort, leggings or tracksuit bottoms
- trainers (with Velcro fastening if your child is unable to tie their own laces)
- red school sweatshirt
Jewellery is not part of the uniform. However, stud earrings are allowed. Earrings can be a safety hazard if worn for PE and games. Children wearing stud earrings will be asked to take them out for their PE lesson or cover them with a plaster.
Longer hair must be tied back in a bobble for P.E lessons.
Where to buy uniform for Byley Priamry School and Nursery:
items with the school logo can be purchased from ‘Triffic Togs’, Wheelock Street, Middlewich.
Non-logo items can be bought from many shops and are just as acceptable.
Our PTA collect used uniform to be reused and recycled. There are regular opportunities to buy these pre-loved uniform items for a voluntary donation to the PTA. You can also ask Miss Whittingham, Mrs Evans or a member of the PTA if you require any items at any other time.
Please ensure ALL items of uniform are clearly named – including coats.