We believe that we need to have a practical and consisent attitude towards school uniform. It is important for the children to have a sense of identity, community and pride in their appearance. Our school uniform supports this.
When attending Byley Primary School and Nursery, children should wear the following uniform:
- white or red polo shirt (with or without school logo)
- red sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan (with or without school logo)
- red school fleece (optional)
- grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore (or red and white checked summer dress)
- plain grey, black or white socks
- plain black shoes or plain black trainers
Please note that you can purchase items with the school logo from ‘Triffic Togs’ in Middlewich. Non-logo items can be bought from many shops and are just as acceptable. Please ensure all items of uniform are clearly named – including coats as these are the most frequently lost items.
We allow children to wear trainers with their uniform so that they could easily engage in outdoor activities, including running around the trim trail. Children can wear either school shoes or trainers on a daily basis. However, we ask that these are plain black and have Velcro fastenings where possible (unless your child is able to tie their own shoe laces). Footwear should be plain, waterproof and practical. No ankle or knee length boots please..
Children should wear PE kit for school on the days they have PE lessons. The PE kit for Byley Primary School and Nursery is:
- white t-shirt (with or without school logo)
- navy or black plain shots/skort, plain dark leggings or jogging bottoms (to wear over shorts if the weather is cold)
- trainers – with Velcro school
- sweatshirt (plus a plain hoodie to go over the top if the weather is cold)
Please note that ‘fashion’ items of PE kit such as crop tops and brightly printed leggings should not be worn.
Football kits are also not acceptable.
The PTA do have a selection of good quality used uniform available in school. Please let Miss Whittingham, Mrs Evans or a member of the PTA know if you require any items. We just ask for a small voluntary donation to the PTA.