Year 1 & 2 2022 - 2023
Mrs A King
(Monday - Wednesday)
Mrs H Bebbington
(Wednesday - Friday)
Mrs H Bradbury
(Monday - Friday mornings)
Mrs W Hampshire
Welcome to Year 1 and 2!
The Summer term's theme is, "Cool Britannia".
Here are some of the topics the children will be covering this term. You can find more detail on this on the 'Curriculum page'.
- English: Fiction -familiar stories and fairy tales. Non fiction writing- recounts and instructions
- Maths: shape, time and other measurements
- Science: materials and their properties
- Art: finding out about sculpture and sculptors
- History: The Seaside
- Geography: Physical and human features of our landscape
- PSHE: relationships and how I change
- RE: learning about differetn ceremonies and different places of worship
P.E days are Monday and Thursday. Please come in P.E kit on these days.
Reading three times per week for 20 minutes but every day if possible! Please record in your child's Reading Diary. Spellings will be posted in the reading diary every week and there will be a QR coded picture book for you to enjoy too
Spellings for all children will be sent home on a Monday based on the phonics learning that week or on "tricky words" that can't be sounded out. It is important that they are practised at home. Spell checks will be completed the following Monday before the new week's words are sent home.
Files to Download
Year 1 & 2: News items
Junior Road Safety Competition, by Mrs Madden
Books from Morrisons, by Mrs Madden
Year 1 & 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1 & 2: Gallery items
Fabric Faces, by Mrs Bebbington
Learn with Me - Maths - Parent Comments, by Mrs Evans
Learn with Me - Parent Comments, by Mrs Evans
Year 1 & 2: Events items
INSET DAY 4, by Mrs Evans
Last Day of Term, by Mrs Evans